The common housefly, Musca domestica L., is now an emerging pest in poultry farms in Indonesia. They also spread to neighbouring towns and settlements causing public health concerns.
- Flies infestation on farms causes the death of up to 80% of chicks from Salmonella
- Nuisance to livestock, increase the stress level so the appetite decreases and cause weight loss in livestock.
- Egg productivity can reduce by 10% because of the bacteria on flies
FLIES MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
- Understanding the lifecycle can help identify effective fly control methods
- Monitor fly activity throughout the spring and summer season
- Check for possible resistance against active ingredients